Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Possible gorget






So last year about this time, we took a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine, to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary (we were married there at the top of Cadillac Mountain at sunrise). The first time we were there, I had found a piece of slate that I thought was interesting near the beach, and I brought it home with me.

Last year while we were there, we took another trip to the Abbe Museum, and it was there I saw a piece that looked very familiar to the piece I had brought home five years earlier. It was a Native American gorget.

I've already contacted the folks at the Abbe Museum to hear their thoughts. I've also uploaded a few photos I took of the piece I found, and I'm interested in hearing what other people may think of its origins.

No comments: