Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sneak peek at a new sketch for a promo illustration


Everybody, meet Dexter.

He got here because of a doodle that was originally meant just for me. I started drawing one night, and consciously convinced myself not to censor. I finished him and turned the page, but I found that I kept turning the pages back to take another look. I couldn't figure out what it was, but he kept getting cuter every time, so I decided to do something about it.

The biggest problem I had was trying to figure out what he was looking at, and it took a long time before I finally finished a sketch of the scene. I had lots of ideas, but I liked him so much, I didn't want him to get hurt in the process of telling his story.

And, oh yeah, sorry. You'll have to wait until I finish him in color to see how that turned out. I'll post him after the digital paint dries.

No comments: